Nice Peter as Vladimir Lenin
|Birth name||Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov|
|Born||April 22, 1870|
Simbirsk, Russian Empire
|Died||January 21, 1924 (aged 53)|
Gorki, Soviet Union
|Rap battle information|
|Appeared in||Rasputin vs Stalin|
|Release date||April 22, 2013|
|Votes on website||N/A|
|Location(s)||Bolshevik propaganda poster|
Bolt-shaped neon signs
Vladimir Lenin was the third of the five rappers in Rasputin vs Stalin, battling Rasputin, Joseph Stalin, Mikhail Gorbachev, and Vladimir Putin, although Gorbachev and Putin appeared afterwards. He was portrayed by Nice Peter.
Information on the rapper
Vladimir Ilyich Lenin (Russian: Владимир Ильич Ленин, Vladimir Illyich Lenin, originally Ulyanov (Ульянов)) (April 22, 1870 – January 21, 1924) was a Russian communist revolutionary, politician, and political theorist. He served as the leader of the Russian SFSR from 1917, and then concurrently as Premier of the Soviet Union from 1922, until his death. Politically a Marxist, his theoretical contributions to Marxist thought are known as Leninism, which, coupled with Marxist economic theory, have collectively come to be known as Marxism–Leninism.
After the departure of the tsar, Lenin's Bolshevik faction of the Russian Social Democratic Labour Party took a senior role in orchestrating the October Revolution in 1917, which led to the overthrow of the Russian Provisional Government and the establishment of the Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic, the world's first constitutionally socialist state. Immediately afterwards, Lenin proceeded to implement socialist reforms, including the transfer of estates and crown lands to workers' soviets. Faced with the threat of German invasion, he argued that Russia should immediately sign a peace treaty—which led to Russia's exit from the First World War. In 1921, Lenin proposed the New Economic Policy, a system of state capitalism that started the process of industrialization and recovery from the Russian Civil War. In 1922, the Russian SFSR joined former territories of the Russian Empire in becoming the Soviet Union, with Lenin as its leader. The Bolshevik faction later became the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, which acted as a vanguard party presiding over a single-party dictatorship of the proletariat.
I have no pride for you who ruined everything
My revolution was doing to stop the bourgeoisie!
I fought the bondage of classes! The proletariat masses
Have brought me here to spit a thesis against both of your asses!
Let me start with you there, Frankenstein!
Looking like something out of R.L. Stine!
It's hip-hop chowder, red over white,
'Cause the Tsar's wife can't do shit tonight!
And Joseph, you were supposed to be my right-hand man!
But your loyalty shriveled up like your right hand, man!
Our whole future was bright! You let your heart grow dark,
And stopped the greatest revolution since the birth of Marx!
- He is the first character to be portrayed in a color scheme other than the typical ones used in (motion) pictures: black and white, sepia, or color.
- This is because of his propaganda posters frequently being in red and white. Red is also the color most commonly associated to communism.
- He is also the only colorized rapper portrayed by Nice Peter.
- At the end of the battle, he is seen in normal color and not red and white, dancing with the others.
- His battle's release date coincides with his birthday.
- At the end of Artists vs TMNT, reused footage of Lenin is seen in the Season 2 battle spot.
- He is the fourth dictator to appear in a battle, after Adolf Hitler, Kim Jong-il, and Joseph Stalin.
- He is the second Russian dictator to appear, after Joseph Stalin.