EpicLLOYD as Skrillex
|Birth name||Sonny John Moore|
|Born||January 15, 1988 (age 30)|
Highland Park, California
|Rap battle information|
|Appeared in||Mozart vs Skrillex|
|Release date||April 8, 2013|
|Votes on website||19%|
|Location(s)||A techno stage|
A teal old-fashioned flower-pattern
Information on the rapper
Sonny John Moore, better known by his stage name Skrillex, was born on January 15th, 1988, in Highland Park, California. He is an electronic musician, singer, and songwriter, and arguably the most renowned dubstep artist worldwide.
Before becoming a dubstep artist, Moore was the lead singer of American band, From First to Last, from 2004-2007. The band recorded two studio albums before Moore left to pursue a solo career.
After releasing his Gypsyhook EP and several other demos, Moore planned to record his debut studio album, Bells. However, he stopped the production of the album and started performing under the name Skrillex. From that point on, Skrillex has had several hits, including "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites", "Rock n' Roll (Will Take You to the Mountain)", "First Of the Year", and "Bangarang".
Skrillex has won a total of six Grammy Awards and was nominated for the Sound of 2012 by the BBC. In 2015, he partnered with Diplo to create the EDM duo Jack Ü, which achieved success with their song "Where Are Ü Now", featuring Justin Bieber. Skrillex has also composed film music. In 2016, Skrillex collaborated with rapper Rick Ross for the single "Purple Lamborghini", a song featured on the soundtrack of Suicide Squad, and whose music video featured the two of them. Two years later, in 2018, Skrillex was announced as a collaborator on the opening song for the upcoming video game Kingdom Hearts III.
My name is Skrillex, man! Welcome to the Devil's Den!
I'm a scary monster stomping this sprite in frilly pants!
You're a weirdo, Wolfie! You're into powdered wigs and poop,
And your cousin blew notes on your little Magic Flute!
Your daddy issues make the Jackson Five look like The Family Circus!
You might have been a genius, but you died baroque and worthless!
I'm rich, acclaimed, and famous! I'm on playlists! I'm the A-List!
You're the lamest! Kiss my ass, A-A-A-A-Amadeus!
I attack! You decay! Can't sustain my releases!
Sidechain, Wolfgang! Bangarang you to pieces!
I'm a self-made man. You're a slave to your papa!
I'm a r-r-rock star, mix you with the bass and drop ya!
Global! My strobes glow like Chernobyl!
Kids explode and get mobile! No one even knows you!
I make the whole world move! You play community theater!
I gained your same fame from home on a blown-out speaker!
You claimed your skill with ages, years of practice, kid, obtained it,
But I gained your same fame with broken speakers in my basement.
Face it dude, you're a weirdo, with your powdered wigs and poop
Plus you let your cousin blow notes on your Magic Flute!
You spent most of your life baroque
- Skrillex's laptop, seen during his second verse, had a logo which was revealed in the beginning of the Behind the Scenes video to be a torn up Epic Rap Battles of History logo. It was also torn up in a style similar to the 'ill' from his album cover for My Name is Skrillex.
- On May 19th, 2013, at YouTube's Comedy Week event, the real Skrillex rapped alongside EpicLLOYD as Skrillex after his line, "Mix you with the bass and drop ya!"
- This makes Skrillex the second person portrayed in an ERB to officially meet Peter and Lloyd in real life, after Hulk Hogan.
- In an interview, Lloyd stated that Skrillex was his favorite character to portray, but this has since been changed to Al Capone.
- In the YouTube Spot commercial for Mozart vs Skrillex, an alternate background for Skrillex was used.