Donatello, alongside the other Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Leonardo, Raphael, and Michelangelo, battled the Renaissance Artists in Artists vs TMNT. He was voiced by both Nice Peter and EpicLLOYD; he was physically portrayed by Lloyd, with Xin Wuku as his stunt double.
Information on the rapper
Donatello is a fictional character and one of the four protagonists of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comics and all related media. In the Mirage/Image Comics, all four turtles wear red bandanas, but in modern versions he wears a purple bandana. His primary/signature weapon is his effective bō staff. In all media, he is depicted as the smartest, quick-witted, and most intelligent of the four turtles. He is co-creator Peter Laird's favorite turtle. He is named after the Renaissance artist, Donatello Bardi.
[Note: Donatello is in purple, while Leonardo, Raphael, and Michelangelo are in regular text. All turtles rapping at the same time is italicized.]
The wisdom of our master (Splinter)
Taught us not to rush to violence, (Master Splinter)
But our master (Master Splinter)
Ain't here, dude! (Heeyah!)
I don't think you wanna mess with my katana blades!
Get back in your floppy helicopter, fly away!
I can Bebop and Steadyrock a mic, sucka!
I'm a pristine Sistine nun chucka!
(Uh!) Oh hi, I'm a cool but rude guy!
Put you back in school with the tip of my two sai!
(Uhhh…) Dona-tell me who you are again, dude,
'Cause I don't Gattamelata clue what you do.
Yo, go ahead and hate. We'll just skate on by!
You guys draw more dicks than New York pride!
We're the TMNT, drop-kicking Italy! (Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go!)
Chowing on your tower made of pizza! Save a slice for me!
- If you watch the shot of Donatello furthest back in his title card, you can see Xin Wuku's neck showing once he stops.
- When Michelangelo said "You guys draw more dicks than New York pride!", Donatello had the wrong weapon: Raphael's sai.
- During the line "We're the T…", he is voiced by Nice Peter instead of EpicLLOYD, as he was previously.
- This makes him the fourth rapper to be voiced by more than one person.
- Donatello, alongside Raphael, has the least number of solo lines out of the TMNT, at three.
- He is the only Turtle to not reference his weapon of choice during the battle.
- Due to the Turtles' segment being filmed behind a blue screen, filming using Donatello's purple mask was not done. Instead, post-editing altered the colors of the existing masks to a shade of purple.