Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
EpicLLOYD as Carl Sagan
|Birth name||Carl Edward Sagan|
|Born||November 9, 1934|
Brooklyn, New York
|Died||December 20, 1996 (aged 62)|
|Appeared in||Einstein vs Stephen Hawking|
Sir Isaac Newton vs Bill Nye
|During||Stephen Hawking's second verse|
Bill Nye's verse
|Location(s)||A colorful space vortex (Einstein vs Stephen Hawking)|
Nye Laboratories (Sir Isaac Newton vs Bill Nye)
Information on the cameo
Carl Edward Sagan, born on November 9, 1934 was an American astronomer, astrophysicist, cosmologist, author, and science communicator in astronomy and natural science. He is mostly known for the books he wrote, as well as his persistence on proving the existence of extraterrestrial life. He was a professor of astronomy at the Cornell University for most of his career. He was also a co-writer of the thirteen-part series: Cosmos, A Personal Voyage, featuring the famous line, "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." On December 20, 1996, at 62 years old, Sagan died of pneumonia.
Appearance in the rap battles
Sagan appeared after Stephen Hawking said the line, "I'm about to bake raps from scratch like Carl Sagan," giving a thumbs up. He appeared again after Hawking said, "I'm a super computer. You're like a TI-82!", during the "Ooh!" at the end.
- Sagan is the third cameo to return in a later battle.
- Lloyd is not credited as him in Sir Isaac Newton vs Bill Nye.
- This could be because his appearance was only reused footage.
- Both times he appeared, he made a cameo doing some form of an "Ooh!" exclamation.
- Coincidentally, it was also while a character portrayed by Nice Peter was rapping.
- The only difference between his two cameo appearances is that in Einstein vs Stephen Hawking, he only makes a face when Stephen Hawking says "Ooh!", while in Sir Isaac Newton vs Bill Nye, he actually says "Ooh!" in EpicLLOYD's voice.
- The Sagan Appreciation Society sent ERB a letter of gratitude for their use of Sagan in a battle.